Tag Archives: Hurva Synagogue

Leib Tropper Provides a Brief History of Jerusalem’s Hurva Synagogue

Located in the center of Jerusalem’s Jewish Quarter, the Hurva Synagogue once served as one of the city’s main houses of worship. The original construction began in 1700 and was led by Rabbi Judah the Hassid. In 1721, local residents … Continue reading

Posted in Leib Tropper, Places | Tagged , | Leave a comment